Hamamatsu Photonics, a global leader in photonics technology, is proud to announce its 70th anniversary, marking seven decades of achievements and contributions to the world of photonics. Since its founding in 1953, Hamamatsu Photonics has made it its mission to advance science and technology by establishing photonics as a fundamental source of innovation for all its customers.
From its humble beginnings as a small factory in Hamamatsu City, Japan, the company has grown into a world-renowned provider of sophisticated detectors, sources, and imaging products ranging from components to complete systems.
Key Milestones in Hamamatsu Photonics' 70-Year Journey:
- 1953: Established Hamamatsu TV Co., Ltd. with the dream of linking optical technology with industry. Development of the first video camera product.
- 1959: Introduction of the first photomultiplier tube: a world-wide leading product. Beginning of our first factories.
- 1960s: Business expansion and development. Taking up new challenges in unknown fields.
- 1970s: Preparation for the big leap. Laying the cornerstone for solid-state products and system products.
- 1980s: The age of photonics. Changing from Hamamatsu TV Co., Ltd. to Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- 1990s: Beginning of new explorations. Stepping forward to contribute to better human life.
- 2000s: Pioneering for the next generation. Aiming at creating new industries.
- 2010s: From Hamamatsu to the world. Making further progress toward global expansion.
- 2020s: Continued growth and expansion of product portfolio in photonics.